Buying a Business
We allow you to focus on what is really important to you, growing your business.
At Lewis & McNamara we understand that buying a business is a major investment and sometimes it can seem as confusing as it is exciting.
Our team offers a streamlined approach to purchasing a business, lifting the cloud of uncertainty from the process, mitigating risk and empowering you to purchase your new business with confidence.
Understanding your needs is the key to our success at Lewis & McNamara, our commercial conveyancing services are tailored to meet your needs, whether you are purchasing a small business or entering into a Franchise Agreement.
Our dedicated commercial conveyancing team is with you every step of the way, offering you one point of contact throughout the entire purchase process.
At Lewis & McNamara we offer clear and concise commercial conveyancing advice, a smooth and stress-free purchase and importantly we offer peace of mind.
Call our friendly commercial conveyancing team today on 1300 663 236.
What to consider when buying a business
- The entity that you use to purchase the business;
- The requirements of relevant authorities for the transfer of any licences, registrations or permits needed for the operation of the business;
- The requirements of the landlord for the lease of the business premises to be transferred;
- Searches of the business, business assets and business owners to ensure that you obtain the business free of any encumbrances and debts;
- Preparation of necessary documentation to ensure that you obtain restraints on the seller of business from setting up in competition to you down the street;
- Liaising with and franchisor of a franchised business to comply with Franchise Agreements and relevant legislation;
- Liaising with brokers, banks and financiers to ensure that your finance is in place for settlement;
- Assessment of stamp duty on the purchase of the business and business assets and whether there is any alternatives that may assist in minimising the tax payable by you.
Do you have a question?
We’re here to help you find the answer.